Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Monday, August 31, 2015

More blue chairs, more blue shopping

We've sort of dropped the chair thing as our house budget has had other plans (new AC...), but recently we stumbled into an unexpected choice: Room & Board. For anyone familiar with this store, you'll know that they make really fabulous wood furniture in the USA, but their price reflects their quality. We often oogle the furniture but alas, it is not meant to be for our price level.

So imagine my surprise when we wandering into a store to discover that the chairs there are in the same price range as the ones at Crate and Barrel and only slightly more than West Elm. And they come in dozens of colors!

We sat on one or two that we liked and then created a list from their online selection that would definitely prompt a revisit to test in person. Quinn, Braden, Abbott, and Cole all had the clean lines and not overly-stuffed look we are going for.

I was delighted to see that swatches were free and you could order up to some huge number like 20, so I picked all my favorite blues and waited.

They arrived and I was so excited to check which one matched best...



Only to discover that, yet again, my taste is apparently unique. They aren't bad, they are just blah. (I forgot to photograph them on the same pillow I did last time, but the blues are kinda the same.)

Oh well, I'll keep looking until we find the perfect match. West Elm just got some new colors in, plus I'm sure we'll find some other good candidates at other stores where we never expected to find them.

No comments: