Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mural tease

Pictures of the nursery are still under lock and key until I can surprise my parents with it in person next week but I just have to say:

THE MURAL IS FINISHED!!!!!

The mural took almost two months and was a lot of work and may end up being the first thing to get painted over when our little baby is old enough to have opinions, but you know what? I don't care. It makes me smile when I look at it and makes the room feel special. And oh yeah,

IT'S DONE!!!!!!

Yes, I'm excited. I obviously wouldn't have done it if I didn't enjoy painting, but I'm really not much of a "process" person. I enjoy painting, cooking, baking, knitting, etc. because I enjoy the final product. So as much fun as it was to paint animals on the wall, it's must more fun being done and getting to look at it and not hate it (because that was a distinct possibility).

And it's not a moment too soon, because I learned yesterday after a particularly busy day out and about on my feet that I have reached the stage of pregnancy where I grow cankles if I'm not careful about sitting down and elevating my feet. No more climbing up ladders and painting for hours for me. Because as of today, (one more time):

THE MURAL IS DONE!!!!!

No comments: