Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Extra Room Gets a Purpose

The extra room was primed and ready to go....I think I can stop the show of just calling it the "extra room" when I show you the color palette we were considering:
Yes, that's right. There's really only one explanation for a set of colors like that - the "extra room" is a future nursery! For a future member of the family joining us sometime in November. We knew that we wanted a jungle theme for the room, nice and gender neutral. So we wanted green walls and, as a special touch, a light blue ceiling. I have wanted clouds on my ceiling since I was literally five years old, so now was my chance to get them.

We started, as we always do, with trying a few different options (well, almost always - the one time we didn't, we hated the color so much we started over).

We sampled Sherwin Williams Lime Rickey (top) and Witty Green (bottom). As you can see from these pictures, we tried to put it up on every wall at every angle, to see how it would look in different lights.

We also got to work on the ceiling. We chose a very subtle blue, Aviary Blue, in SuperPaint because it was one of the few paints that Sherwin Williams offers in a flat finish, to hide the imperfections of the ceiling. The blue is almost too subtle for my taste. It might make the white of the clouds hard to see. But it sure beats the yellow ceiling that we covered up.

As usual, I did all the cutting in and D rolled. We're a good team. For the ceiling, I didn't have to worry about being careful, since a much darker color was going to go on the walls, so it was a fast job. In fact, we did the priming and ceiling in just one day (it's taking me longer to get around to blogging it than it did to paint, so that's pretty good).

One more update until the color reveal. But I think it's a safe bet to guess the right answer is "green."

No comments: