Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lilacs!

Another small gardening success (we take 'em when we can get 'em): lilacs!!!

These guys got moved last fall from the back yard where they were covered in ivy and other invasive weeds and got no sunlight. I barely knew they were lilacs, since each bush produced maybe one flower at most all season.

But here in the front we have dozens of flowers! They are amazing. And they smell amazing, right near the front door to see us off or greet us back.

The only problem is that now that they are actually blooming, I can see that we planted a white on the end and then all purples. I probably would have put the white in the middle if I had known. But I think rather than try to uproot them and move them again, it would be less stressful (for the lilacs and for us) to add another white on the left, so that it's white on both ends with purples in the middle. I haven't seen any lilac bushes for sale, so if you find one by mail order or know of someone locally, let me know.

2 comments:

Mom said...

They look beautiful. Wait until you see how they are going to start getting new sprouts coming up. Those bushes will take about 4 years and then you won't be able to see the front windows at all. Not to mention how wonderful that room will smell everytime you open those windows.
Your front yard is looking really nice. Great job you both are doing.

Mom said...

Got your white lilac plant. I'll take care of it until I see you.