Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunshine and Flowers

We've learned this summer that we have a very spring-centric garden. I seem to have forgotten to take any garden pictures in April and May, but trust me when I say that it was pretty much a pink explosion. Lots of azaleas and roses as well as some unidentified flowers.

For the last two months though, it's been incredibly boring. Just green everywhere (and a lot of dead green at that, given the heat waves we've been having). So I decided to change that by putting in the most cheerful flowers I know: Black-Eyed Susans.
They seem to be the only thing that can withstand the heat and flower in late summer and just looking at them makes me smile (except last week when they looked all burned and dried up--I even broke my normal watering taboo and gave them a little drink). I'm not usually a yellow fan but I think they really help the yard look happier. And certainly less green.
f

No comments: