Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More of the Same

Still working on the bedroom and still really loving how it is turning out. The blues and greens are as soothing as I hoped they'd be and the Ikea Erfjord natural latex mattress is surprisingly comfortable. Here are many gratuitous pictures (and a reminder of it's previous state):

Let's see, what's worth a mention. Both the dressers are Craig's List finds (moving them, especially the massive white one, was not so fun). The rug is Ikea's Flokati (100% unspun wool). It feels absolutely heavenly in the morning on my bare feet. The reading lamp is Ikea too, as is the comforter (which is actually a long story for another post). The comforter cover is Pottery Barn's Sydney Palampore organic cotton duvet. The stars, which are in most major room in our house, are an old find from an Asian gift shop.

The closet is a pretty blue that I found for $5 at Home Depot. I think we'll be using it on the dark wood legs of a chair we might be picking up this week, to help it blend into the decor. I am absolutely thrilled that all of our clothes and shoes fit in one closet. That has never happened before.
We continue to make big strides on finishing this room off. The curtains I ordered should arrive later this week and we have plans for additional furniture and wall decor. Stay tuned!

And on a completely different note, I just have to document that I was actually able to grow violets. Not just keep the greenery alive but actually get flowers where there were none. This is so amazing for me, a complete black thumb. Mind you it's not like I did anything special. Just water it and keep it in the kitchen window:

2 comments:

ten said...

What lovely violets!

(the bedroom is pretty, too)

MJ said...

I'm super-late in chiming in, but congrats on the room setup, but double-congrats on the violets: those can be touchy!