Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Monday, February 22, 2010

An Aside for Valentine's Day

Eight days late, I'm finally getting around to my intended Valentine's post, which is a bit of a departure from the usual home repairs update. In keeping with the "love" theme of the holiday, I wanted to write a post about how much I love our house. Now, it's not perfect and can definitely stress me out (we broke yet another window, but more on that another time) but it is a place that truly makes me feel comfortable and happy. Seems like a good relationship. Not only to I enjoy being at home but I enjoy doing things at home that I never enjoyed doing in our old apartment. Sitting and looking out our window (especially during a snowfall), for example. Or better yet (at least for those friends and family members who get to taste the results): cooking and baking.

I never liked being in our old apartment kitchen. There was no sense in making any significant improvements and everything was as cheap as they come. But here, we are lucky enough to have an already-remodeled kitchen that is beautiful and a place I really love to spend time (which is good, since it's where my computer desk is). And so, on Valentine's Day and in honor of the holiday's spirit, here is the proof of that love--a first attempt at homemade pasta and tomato sauce. A whole Sunday afternoon spent in a kitchen:

 
  
  
(No pictures actually making the pasta--my hands were too full of flour!) Fortunately the results were as tasty as they were fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful. I'm sure D is enjoying your cooking.
I'm so happy that you both love your home. You both worked hard to get where you are.
You deserve its rewards.
M