Please share your opinions and expertise since we need all the help we can get!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Killer House, the Sequel

As I'm writing in the office, I hear a familiar scratching/scraping noise. Can it be? I go outside, shake the downspout, and yes, hear frantic scratching from a little furry critter.

We have gutter guards over our gutters to keep leaves (and squirrels?) out, but there is a small squirrel-sized gap near the top opening of the downspout. I suppose that's how they are getting in. The why is, unfortunately, unknown. What is luring squirrels into our downspout? Are they trying to build a nest? Did they store a bunch of nuts in it? Do they think it is a slide?

Whatever their reasoning, I didn't want to leave it inside. It'd probably stink a lot to have a rotting squirrel in your downspout come warm weather. I carefully disconnected the downspout from the system and this time a grey blur emerged and scampered away to the nearest tree. Oi.

No comments: